So How DID being dependent on GOOGLE change our blogging?
I’ve been pondering this for a few days, and while many of us were reluctant to give into Google’s demands on ‘no_follow’, while they could wave the PR stick over our heads, we were all of us giving into their requirements in many ways. Once you think about it, it is quite shocking:
1. Getting rid of multiple links so we could get out of THEIR secondary catalogs,
2. Adsense problems, low click throughs, and Fraud,
3. the lack of an even hand,
4. everchanging PR rankings, algorhythms, what you can do and can’t do,
6. Removing Duplicates (except Google’s search engine was too dumb to realize they weren’t duplicates)
7. … I can go on, if you want…
I’m sure I’ll be returning to this theme in a future posting, but you can think about it anyway! How has Google changed your attitude to blogging? Do you think it’s for the better or worse?