Many websites have trouble generating significant traffic. I have some ideas that you can do….
1. email your friends with an introduction to your website! A quality website will be worth visiting! (easy)
2. a blog can certainly attract traffic, too. (takes time)
3. find some good quality directories.
4. make sure your site is indexed in Google, Yahoo, DMOZ, too. (easy to check/add and free).
5. put your URL in your signature for emails, forums, and other places where you login (easy, free and simple).
6. post notes in other blogs with info. about your website, but DON’T spam!
7. For a blog, join http://www.blogsoldiers.com and http://www.blogmad.net: both of these drive traffic, I have noted.
8. make sure your website has a ‘sitemap’ (may not be difficult)
9. check your website’s Meta file for appropriate keywords (fairly quick, usually).
10. join other people’s blogs, and post relevant posts to their blog, with links to yours. Make sure it’s okay with the blog owner, though!
11. try adwords or text links to generate additional traffic (text links might be more effective)
and number 12 is
12. keep your content fresh and exciting, word of mouth still works on the Internet, but now it’s called Viral Marketing.
Happy Chinese New Year 2007!