OK, I was just checking my logs again today after seeing a couple of odd spikes in activity in the last few hours. I have now decided to bite the bullet, and turn off the plugins en masse, except for three base plugins: PXS Mail Form, wp-cache, and my TLA plugin.
Other than that, they’re all going off. Since this is a blogger’s blog, and some of you have interest in WordPress, hosting and whatnot… I’ve decided to share EVERYTHING about this problem…
To those of you who are wondering what is wrong… please read yesterday’s post. In summary, one or two of my plugins are causing the server unnecessary work, and I still haven’t found what one it is.
For more articles on running a business, making money, cutting debt, or creating your blog, subscribe to the RSS feed or email newsletter. There’s a lot more in the Random Walk to Wealth on InvestorBlogger dot com. Subscribe TODAY!
Here’s the list of plugins that I currently have, but since this has been an on-going problem since September, I’m beginning to wonder whether an upgrade in PHP by my host actually started the problems then.
I’ve installed and am currently using these plugins:
- All in One SEO Pack 188.8.131.52 – Out-of-the-box SEO for your WordPress blog.
- Dashboard Editor 0.2 – Allows you to customise the dashboard. By Aaron Harun.
- **Feedburner Feed Replacement 2.2 – Forwards all feed traffic to Feedburner while letting through some important User-Agents.
- **Feed Footer 1.1 – Add custom footers (copyright, notices, advertisements) to the bottom of your posts in your RSS feed.
- Flash Video Player 2.0 – Simplifies the process of adding video to a WordPress blog.
- Lighter Admin Drop Menus 2.3 – Creates Drop Down Menus for WordPress Admin Panels, just like Andy Staines’ original plugin, but without background pictures and special fonts.
- *PXS Mail Form 2.6 – Creates a mail form with multi part verification, various messages and an auto redirect on successful send.
- ***Related Posts 2.04 – Returns a list of the related entries based on active/passive keyword matches.
- ***Shylock Adsense 1.2 – Insert Adsense code in your pages without modifying the template.
- **Spam Karma 2 2.3 rc3 – Ultimate Spam Killer for WordPress.
- SRG Clean Archives 4.2 – This plugin is designed to display your archive listings in a clean, uniform, single-query fashion that’s Search Engine friendly on a dedicated page or in your sidebar.
- Submit It Plugin 1.0 – This plugin lists popular blog aggregator and feeds submitter.
- *Text Link Ads 3.0.6 – Really Simple Web/RSS Advertising For Personal or Commercial Use.
- *wp-cache 2.1.2 – Very fast cache module. It’s composed of several modules, this plugin can configure and manage the whole system.
I’ve had others, as well, but gradually had to whittle those away to get a base set. And these were my newest plugins.
- Link A Dink 1.8 – Replace strings with links (or other words I guess) to help replace targeted keywords with new text.
- obsocialbookmarker 4.0 – Add social book mark icons and links at the bottom of each post. I intended this to replace Submit It Plugin.
- OIOpublisher Direct 1.31 – Allow direct purchasing of paid posts and text links via WordPress, stop giving away commission to the middle-men! This plugin desperately needs updating now!
I will be turning on the most important ones as soon as I know if the base-3 are safe or not. That should be over the next 48 hours.
Then I will turn the plugins on every OTHER day, until I can determine where the problem lies. Of course, if I cannot still find the problem, then I’ll have to conclude that the problem lies within an interaction of different plugins.
Wish me luck.