Hyder really got me going when he posted a list of tools he’d never use again, I’ve installed and removed dozens of scripts and I keep testing stuff out…. My list is surprisingly similar.
Tools I do not use much any more
- PerformancingAds (they lost my money)*
- Alexa (for increasingly inaccurate stats)
- BlogCatalog (too much like MyBlogLog)
- Dreamhost Referrals (never had one successful referral)
Tools I would never use again
- Picasa Online
- A GuestBook or Hit Counter (so 1990’s!)
*these sites marked all owe me money (in some cases more than $10). In total, I’m owed about $60 which would be better in my bank account than theirs.
These are the tools I can think of right now, but I’m sure that the lists could be much longer if I thought about it.